Maintaining the security of your data is a priority at Royal Chenab, and we are committed to respecting your privacy rights. We pledge to handle your data fairly and legally at all times. Royal Chenab is also dedicated to being transparent about what data we collect about you and how we use it.
This notice, which applies whether you visit our stores, use your mobile device or go online, provides you with information about:
- how we use your data;
- what personal data we collect;
- how we ensure your privacy is maintained; and
- your legal rights relating to your personal data.
How we use your data
We use your personal data:
- to provide goods and services to you;
- to make a tailored website available to you;
- to verify your identity;
- for crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
- with your agreement, to contact you electronically about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you;
- anonymously for market research purposes – to better understand your needs;
- to enable us to manage customer service interactions with you; and
- where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
We use your personal data for electronic marketing purposes (with your consent) and may send you postal mail to update you on the latest offers.
Our aim is to update you about products & services which are of interest and relevance to you as an individual.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time, by:
- changing marketing preferences via your account;
- making use of the simple “unsubscribe” link in emails or the “NOTXT” number for texts; and/or
- contacting us via the contact channels set out in this Notice.
Our service providers and suppliers
In order to make certain services available to you, for example online purchasing, we may need to share your personal data with some of our service partners. These include IT, delivery and marketing service providers.
We only allow our service providers to handle your personal data when we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls. We also impose contractual obligations on service providers relating to data protection and security, which mean they can only use your data to provide services to us and to you, and for no other purposes.
Our service providers and suppliers
Aside from our service providers, we will not disclose your personal data to any third party, except as set out below. We will never sell or rent our customer data to other organizations for any purpose.
We may share your data with:
- IT suppliers in order to provide online ordering and payment services:
- governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so: –
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- to exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases);
- for the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders; and
- for the protection of our employees and customers.
What personal data we collect
We may process the following information about you:
- your name, age/date of birth and gender;
- your contact details: postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers) and e-mail address;
- purchases and orders made by you;
- your on-line browsing activities on our website(s);
- your password(s) for our website;
- when you make a purchase or place an order with us, your payment card details;
- your communication and marketing preferences;
- your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses;
- your correspondence and communications with us; and
- other publicly available personal data, including any which you have shared via a public platform (such as a Twitter feed or public Facebook page).
Our websites are not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
When someone visits www.royalchenab.com we use a third-party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
Online Order Data
When you purchase merchandise, membership or gift voucher(s) through Landline, Mobile or online your name, address data, email and contact number will be stored in our Back-Office System. You may, of course make a purchase in person without supplying the aforementioned personal data. Please be assured that we do not share your personal details with any other company without your consent.
Telephone order calls may be recorded for quality and training purposes to ensure that we maintain our standards of customer service excellence.
How long do we keep your data?
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Notice. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however the longest we will normally hold any personal data is 5 years.
How we protect your data
We are committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure.
Our security measures include: –
- encryption of data;
- regular cyber security assessments of all service providers who may handle your personal data;
- regular scenario planning and crisis management exercises to ensure we are ready to respond to cyber security attacks and data security incidents;
- Regular penetration testing of systems;
- security controls which protect the entire IT infrastructure from external attack and unauthorised access; and
- internal policies setting out our data security approach and training for employees.
What you can do to help protect your data
We will never ask you to confirm any bank account or credit card details via email. If you receive an email claiming to be from Royal Chenab asking you to do so, please ignore it and do not respond.
If you are using a computing device in a public location, we recommend that you always log out and close the website browser when you complete an online session.
In addition, we recommend that you take the following security measures to enhance your online safety both in relation to Royal Chenab and more generally:
- keep your account passwords private. Remember, anybody who knows your password may access your account.
- when creating a password, use at least 8 characters. A combination of letters and numbers is best. Do not use dictionary words, your name, email address, or other personal data that can be easily obtained. We also recommend that you frequently change your password.
- avoid using the same password for multiple online accounts.
Legal basis for processing customer personal data
We collect and use customers’ personal data because is it necessary for:
- us to complete our contract with you to provide goods and services:
- the purposes of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract for the sale of goods to a customer; or
- complying with our legal obligations.
In general, we only rely on consent as a legal basis for processing in relation to sending direct marketing communications to customers via email or text message.
Customers have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn.
What are cookies?
How do I disable cookies?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use. Further details on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers are set out below: –
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- 1. Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
- 2. Click on the “privacy” tab
- 3. Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Google Chrome:
- 1. Choose Settings> Advanced
- 2. Under “Privacy and security,” click “Content settings”.
- 3. Click “Cookies”
- 1. Choose Preferences >Privacy
- 2. Click on “Remove all Website Data”
For Mozilla Firefox:
- 1. Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”
- 2. Click on the icon “privacy”
- 3. Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further:
- 1. Choose the menu Files”> “Preferences”
- 2. Privacy
What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the website may not operate properly if cookies are switched off. If you only disable third party cookies, you will not be prevented from making purchases on our sites. If you disable all cookies, you will be unable to complete a purchase on our sites.
If you have any questions about how Royal Chenab uses your personal data that are not answered here, or if you want to exercise your rights regarding your personal data, please contact us by any of the following means:
- phone us on: 01-23456789-10
- e-mail us at: email@example.com
Changes to this Privacy Notice
This Notice was last updated in July 2019.